News Flash Home
The original item was published from 8/3/2017 3:46:00 PM to 8/30/2017 3:17:09 PM.
Posted on: August 3, 2017
[ARCHIVED] Solicitation On The Rise
- Do solicitors need to obtain a permit to solicit in Mission Hills?
- The City does NOT require that solicitors obtain a permit or notify the City of their presence.
- If I put up a “No Solicitors” decal, does that mean that Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts are not allowed to solicit my home?
- The “No Solicitation” decal is all encompassing. However, Subsection (c)(1) states that the owner may provide consent for any solicitor they choose.
- Where should I place the “No Solicitors” decal?
- The “No Solicitation” decal should be placed where it is visible to persons approaching the front door. City Hall has decals that can be placed on glass or wood.
- Where can I obtain a “No Solicitors” decal?
- You may either call City Hall at 913‑362‑9620 and ask for a decal to be sent to you, or simply pick one up at City Hall. If your decal or sticker is faded, please reconsider replacing it.
- When can solicitation take place in the City?
- Solicitation may take place between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. April 1 to August 31, and from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. September 1 through March 31.
- Are religious or political flyers considered a form of solicitation?
- Any distribution of handbills or other materials, including religious or political flyers, is considered solicitation.
- Who should I call if I have a complaint about a solicitor?
- You should call Police Dispatch at 913‑642-5151 if you feel an ordinance has been violated. In addition, you may wish to call the Kansas Attorney General’s Office Consumer Protection Department at 1‑800‑432‑2310 to file a complaint with the state.