Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) exists to hear all appeals or consider any matters referred to it under the Zoning Regulations or pursuant to any other ordinance. The following matters may be appealed to the BZA.
- Appeal requesting variance from the Zoning Regulations.
- Appeal requesting exception from the Zoning Regulations.
- The exception application form can be found here.
- Appeal regarding a decision of the Architectural Review Board.
- The form appealing an ARB decision can be found here.
- The Board shall have the power to hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by the ARB. When a party appeals any decision of the ARB, the BZA shall determine whether or not such decision was reasonable, based upon the evidence presented to the ARB and the record of the ARB proceedings. Testimony at the hearing on any appeal from a decision of the ARB shall be limited to a discussion of the evidence presented to the ARB. No new evidence will be considered.
- Appeal regarding a decision of the City Administrator, City Clerk, or other officer administering the provision of the Zoning Regulations or Building Code.
- The form appealing a decision of City staff can be found here.
- The Board shall have the power to hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by those listed above.
The BZA is comprised of five members who are residents of the City and are appointed to three-year terms. A quorum of three members must be present for the meeting to take place.
- Casey Halsey, Chair
- Judy Moore
- Mark Eisemann, Vice Chair
- Barbara Nelson, Council Liaison
The BZA meets once monthly, as needed, typically on the last Wednesday of each month at 9:00 a.m. unless there are no matters to be heard. The deadlines to submit a variance request or appeal can be found here.