Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Who do I call regarding no water at my home or water leaks in the street?
A. Call Water District #1 of Johnson County at 913-895-5500.

Q. Which Homes Association am I in?
A. Click here to view HOA map.

Q. How do I contact my Homes Association?
Indian Hills Homes Association
Tomahawk Road Homes Association
Mission Hills Homes Association
Q. What are common causes of wet basements?
A. Poor drainage around the house is the most common cause for wet basements. Johnson County Wastewater wants to help property owners protect their property during heavy rain events and has recreated the Common Causes of Wet Basement flyer to identify issues and solutions.  

Q. Who do I call about sanitary sewer questions?
A. Call Johnson County Wastewater at 913-715-8500.

Q. Who do I call to report a power outage?
A. Call Evergy at 1-888-471-5275. You may report an outage by clicking this link.

Q. What are the established time limits for noise?

  • Construction machinery noise is allowed from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Such noise is prohibited on Sunday and on legal holidays.

  • Gas-powered lawn care equipment noise is allowed from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. any day of the week. Country clubs are permitted to run equipment from sunrise to sunset any day of the week.

  • Noise from sound equipment or musical instruments is permitted from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and until 12:30 a.m. Friday, Saturday and legal holidays.

    *If you experience noise outside of the established time limitation, call the Police Department at 913-642-5151.

Q. What are the regulations for solicitation?
A. Door-to-door solicitors are not required to obtain a permit from the city. No soliciting is allowed at residences that have “No Solicitation” decals posted, which are available at City Hall. Solicitors may only solicit between the hours of 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. April 1 through September 1.

Phone solicitation: Sign up for the National Do Not Call Registry or call in Kansas toll free at 1-866-362-4160. For more information about the Kansas No-Call Act, visit the Kansas Attorney General No-Call Signup and Information site.

Q. What activities do I need a permit for?
A. A permit is needed for block parties; photography/filming in the city; garage/estate/moving sales; weddings; events in public parks; holiday lighting placed across city property, streets and right-of-ways; fireworks displays; building/construction activity; and tours/ticketed events. Permit applications are accepted electronically via ViewPoint

Q. How do I submit an Open Records Request?
A.  Open Records Requests are submitted online via our ViewPoint portal. For more information on the City of Mission Hill's Open Records Policy, please click HERE.

Q. How do I find information about the trash/recycling program?
A. Weekly trash, recycling and yard waste pickup is provided by Deffenbaugh Disposal. Click here to obtain information about acceptable pickup items or to find out your trash/recycle pickup day. Mission Hills provides a heavy household item pickup every spring and fall. Yard waste pickup is Monday for the entire City.

Q. Where do I go to resolve traffic ticket issues?
A. For traffic issues, visit the Municipal Court at 7700 Mission Road, Prairie Village, Kansas. Court is in session the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at 6:00 p.m. You can contact them at 913-385-4680. You may pay a citation in person, via mail, or online