As of January 1, 2020, all building projects are required to follow the International Building Codes for 2018. The City accepts the following Codes:
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residence Code
- 2017 National Electric Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
Call City Hall (913-362-9620) a minimum of 24 hours in advance to schedule a building inspection. Have the property owner’s name, address, and permit number at hand when making the call.
Occupational License & Johnson County Contractor License
The City of Mission Hills requires all contractors to possess an Occupational License. To obtain a license, complete the application, submit a certificate of liability insurance with the City listed as a holder, and the required fee. The City does not regulate or determine whether those undertaking the construction, alteration, repair, or demolition of structures are qualified to perform such services.
The City of Mission Hills participates in the Johnson County Contractor Licensing program, which requires all contractors to be licensed with Johnson County by trade to obtain a permit. This program is designed to protect consumers as well as promote construction best practices, standards, and guidelines. Please visit Johnson County's website for more information and to apply for a license.